Saturday, April 26, 2014

Vampires


I may have mentioned that I have a slight reading problem... You know the kind of compulsive behavior that drives me to read 100+ books a year.

 

So far this year has been more writing than reading but I am back on track with my reading. I recently picked up an Amazon freebie; a six book set of vampire stories. I can’t help but feel that this is part of a cycle. Mainly because it seems that every time I fall off the reading wagon, it seems to be vampires that draw me back in.

 

When I was a kid, it was a book on vampire mythos and their origins that turned me into a book addict. I started reading anything and everything I could, and then half way through junior high, I lost interest. I went over a year without reading a single book, not even the required reading for class.

 

When I was fifteen, I just had to see Interview with a Vampire, mainly because it had some of the hottest actors in Hollywood. I absolutely loved the movie; I completely fell in love with the story and I had to read the book. It only took a couple of days for me to read the book cover to cover and I by then I was completely hooked. I read the entire series as fast as possible and then found more to read from there. That one book started a reading binge that has lasted over fifteen years. I slip occasionally but there are plenty of vampire books out there to keep reeling me back in.

 

Now I need to go fight with my eight year old, she wants to watch a show about vampires...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment