Monday, April 28, 2014

X Marks the Spot


In the movies, there is always treasure map with an X that marks the spot where you can find the treasure. Unfortunately, real life doesn't work that way but sometimes we get lucky and find one of life's hidden treasures. This weekend provided such an opportunity.

 

We went to my cousin's wedding. It was an outdoor venue on the lake. The entire scene was lovely. Sunset over a peaceful lake, music playing in the background, it was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

 

The bridal party stayed the weekend in cabins on the lake and after spending six hours soaking up the beauty of the area; my husband and I decided to make plans to go back for our own weekend getaway.

 

Of course, my hubby and I have very different ideas of how such a weekend should be spent. Being raised an outdoorsman, he wants to spend his time fishing. I, personally, don't see the appeal of spending countless hours dangling a bait in front of a fish. I'm more into things like swimming, sunbathing, and of course reading and writing.

 

I'm looking forward to taking a little break from life and enjoying the serenity of nature. I have a feeling that it is just what my tired muse needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment